Working remotely is becoming the norm. There has been a 115% percent increase in telecommuting between 2005-2015 and the percentage of workers doing all or at least some of their work remotely has increased from 19% in 2003 to 24% in 2015, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Even though working remotely is very common, it doesn’t seem synonymous with Fortune 500 companies. After all, these are the companies that represent two-thirds of the U.S. GDP with $12 trillion in revenues, $890 billion in profits, $19 trillion in market value, and employ 28.2 million people worldwide. However, FlexJobs took a look at the recently released list of Fortune 500 companies and cross-referenced them with their 100 Top Companies with Remote Jobs list to identify which Fortune 500 companies are also remote-friendly.
They found that these 25 of the companies are very supportive of employees working remotely (in certain positions.) A number of these companies have open positions on Ladders. Check them out below.
25 Fortune 500 companies with remote jobs
- UnitedHealth Group
- Kelly Services
- American Express
- First Data
- Anthem, Inc.
- McKesson Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- General Electric – GE
- HD Supply
- Wells Fargo
- The Hartford
- CVS Health
- Erie Insurance Group
More from Ladders
- Survey reveals the top money issues Gen Xers, Baby Boomers wish they learned earlier
- Survey: 76% say ‘not hearing back’ about a job worse than being ghosted after a first date
- This place has the most psychopaths in America
- A small Japanese city is facing a ninja shortage – even though the salary is $85,000
- WeWork bans employees from expensing meat