Alex Millauer / Shutterstock
It’s no joke that work-life balance is vitally important to people. A recent survey showed that balancing work-life balance was their biggest work stressor. Some employees are even asking for work-life improvements instead of a raise.
Plus, happy employees are more productive – a study that Gartner (formerly the CEB) conducted on work-life benefits showed that employees with a good work-life balance are 21% more productive, and 33% more likely to stay in the organization.
Follow Ladders on Flipboard!
Indeed analyzed 100 million ratings and reviews to find the companies that helped their employees achieve the highest work-life balance.
Here are the Top 15 best companies for work-life balance for 2019
- Keller Williams Realty. This is the second year the real estate firm has been number one. They give employees the ultimate flexibility by letting them make their own schedules. Half of its operating profits are shared with associates.
- In-N-Out Burger. Offers employees above-average pay and flexible work hours.
- Capital One. Up to 18 weeks of maternity leave.
- Cisco. Offers on-site medical and fitness centers, as well as remote work. Most of their workforce works remotely “at least part of the time,” Indeed found.
- Coldwell Banker.
- H-E-B. Flexible schedules and work hours. An electronic system makes it easy to trade shifts.
- Century 21.
- Kaiser Permanente.
- Vans. It’s summer Fridays all year round at the skate company, plus an on-site gym with yoga classes.
- Ochsner Health System.
- Northrop Grumman.
- Booz Allen Hamilton.
- American Express.
- Johnson & Johnson. Eight weeks of paid leave to all new parents (maternal, paternal, adopted), plus 17 weeks of paid leave to mothers.
You might also enjoy…
- New neuroscience reveals 4 rituals that will make you happy
- Strangers know your social class in the first seven words you say, study finds
- 10 lessons from Benjamin Franklin’s daily schedule that will double your productivity
- The worst mistakes you can make in an interview, according to 12 CEOs
- 10 habits of mentally strong people