You might have thought you were having a bad night that night you left your phone in the back of an Uber. But what if you’d left behind your full set of 18k gold teeth? Then you’d really be in trouble! The mundane and the wacky were the findings of the 2019 Uber Lost and Found Index.
It’s not just phones, wallets, purses, glasses and keys that people leave behind in Ubers (among the 10 most commonly forgotten items).
Follow Ladders on Flipboard!
It’s also outrageous “personal items” like:
- an 8-week-old coffee-colored Chihuahua
- white leather snakeskin Louboutin heels
- white gold wedding band with diamonds
- a salmon head
- a shopping cart
- a pizza costume
- full fish tank with fish and water
- a Babe Ruth-signed baseball
- a fog machine
- a tuxedo made for a small dog
- deer antlers
- a mannequin
- a bird
Uber found that riders were most forgetful on Saturdays and Sundays, between 11 pm and 1 am.
The best way to find your lost item (or Chihuahua) is to call the driver, or to go through the app and tap “I lost an item” under “My trips.”
You might also enjoy…
- New neuroscience reveals 4 rituals that will make you happy
- Strangers know your social class in the first seven words you say, study finds
- 10 lessons from Benjamin Franklin’s daily schedule that will double your productivity
- The worst mistakes you can make in an interview, according to 12 CEOs
- 10 habits of mentally strong people