Why do you need a resume? Good question.
You need a resume only as much as you need a job.
After all, your resume is the first thing that gets through the door.
The first part of you a recruiter sees.
Which means we could think of the resume as an agent who goes out and represents their star.
So the question is:
What kind of personality does your agent have?
Long-winded? Colorful but overbearing? Sharp and to the point, talking success, dollar amounts, and stats?
Either way, let’s break it all down into the basics here:
Why Do You Need a Resume? Top 5 Reasons:
1. Recruiters Love Resumes
Your resume is the document that tells recruiters what level of experience and expertise you can bring to the employer. High-end recruiters search for $100K+ experts across industries every day on Ladders.
Why do you need a resume? Because showcasing your resume leads to job search success.
2. Your Resume Is an Advertisement
“Your resume is a professional advertisement, targeted toward your future boss, with the goal of landing an interview for a job that you can succeed in.” — Marc Cenedella, Ladders Resume Guide 2019.
3. Your Resume Makes Your First Impression
If you understand how much first impressions count, you’ll understand why you need to count on your resume to represent and work for you. Uploading your resume on Ladders is step one to the next step up.
Why do you need a resume? So you can make it the best resume example out there.
4. Your Resume Isn’t Your Life Story
Nobody tells the life story of a brand in an advertisement. They sell the benefits of what that brand can do for the person seeing it. Your brand is you.
So if you can sell your expertise, not describe your duties, you will have a good resume that will attract the attention of recruiters.
5. Your Resume Respects Recruiters
Imagine sifting through hundreds of resumes each and every day. Like a public overwhelmed with advertisements, as hinted at above, recruiters just want to know your brand benefits.
And there’s an art to achieving it that starts right here with a free resume review.
That’s Why You Need a Resume!
So What Can I Find on Ladders That’s Free and Actionable?
- Download, edit and own one of 73 professional resumes with example text, stats, etc., and based on your profession.
- Have your current resume reviewed in 35 seconds or less by technology representing over 15 years of expert experience.
- Find and compare job salaries so that you can decide who and where to target for your next step up.
- Search $100K+ high-end companies and collect the best opportunities available in an instant.