It’s all happening: basketball icon LeBron James is saying goodbye to the Cleveland Cavaliers and has secured a spot on the Los Angeles Lakers for four years— oh yeah, plus a steep paycheck of $154 million.
— Klutch Sports Group (@KlutchSports) July 2, 2018
Twitter users weighed in when the news broke yesterday.
The tweets kept coming
This meme really is the gift that keeps on giving.
JR: Man, why you leavin?
— CBS Sports (@CBSSports) July 2, 2018
That feeling when you may not be the greatest Laker ever anymore… pic.twitter.com/JKkMNKMeaB
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) July 2, 2018
Well I woke up today and Lebron is still heading to the Lakers… On the bright side Cavs tickets will cost about as much as double meat at chipotle
— Kevin Peterson (@kp__4) July 2, 2018
Day 1 post-LeBron:
The sun still rose.
I’m still alive.
Cleveland is still a great sports town.
— Rod Bluhm (@CSTRodB) July 2, 2018
— NBC News (@NBCNews) July 2, 2018
— James Corden (@JKCorden) July 2, 2018
I will not ever wear a LeBron Lakers jersey/shirt.
— MzLakerBoss💛💜 (@MzBossTx) July 2, 2018
LeBron is really gonna wear Jordan's number on Kobe's jersey
— SB Nation (@SBNation) July 2, 2018
More from Ladders
- A 4-day work week may not be as far off as you think
- Delta and Equinox teamed up to help you beat jet lag faster
- Mapping the best (and worst) places for Millennials to make a living
- Survey reveals the top money issues Gen Xers, Baby Boomers wish they learned earlier
- Survey: 76% say ‘not hearing back’ about a job worse than being ghosted after a first date