Confidence in the American job market is at an all-time high, according to a recent Gallup poll. Seventy-one percent said the month of May was a good time to get a job. This is an improvement from 65% in March and April and 69% believing that sentiment in February. The poll used telephone interviews conducted between May 1-12 of 2019, with a random sample of 1,009 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 states and DC.
In other words, it is a good time to be a job seeker. However, in today’s complex world, there is not a one-type-of-company-fits-all for job candidates. In particular, what size and type of companies are most appealing (or unappealing) to Ladders’ $100K+ job seekers. Ladders compiled data that reveals their insights and preferences through a series of detailed questions. The following data was collected between May 2018 and May 2019 using the answers from 42,617 $100K+ job seekers.
Follow Ladders on Flipboard!
What type of company Ladders job seekers want to work for
Though start-ups get all the press and glory, both men and women (note that there was a total of 5,612 unknowns whose answers were included in the data roundup) overwhelmingly prefer to work at mid-size companies. And where don’t they really want to work? In the government sector, it seems followed by family-run companies. Take a look at the rest of the results below and see which Ladders $100K+ job openings may be right for you.
- Mid-sized: 42.67% (18,184)
- Large Public: 15.38% (6,555)
- Large Private: 13.33% (5,681)
- Small Business: 8.08% (3,444)
- Start-up: 7.07% (3,011)
- Independent: 4.69% (1,999)
- Family-run: 3.38% (1,440)
- Non-Profit: 3.36% (1,430)
- Government: 2.05% (873)
What type of company Ladders job seekers want to work for by gender
When it comes to the genders more women preferred working for non-profits (57.38% versus 42.62%) otherwise men favored start-ups, small businesses, large private and independent companies more than women. Check out the rest of the results below.
- Mid-sized: 42.04% (5,172)
- Large Public: 15.84% (1,949)
- Large Private: 12.48% (1,535)
- Small Business: 8.33% (1,025)
- Start-up: 5.91% (727)
- Non-Profit: 5.53% (680)
- Independent: 4.27% (525)
- Family-run: 3.12% (384)
- Government: 2.50% (307)
- Mid-sized: 43.89% (10,841)
- Large Public: 14.63% (3,613)
- Large Private: 13.55% (3,346)
- Small Business: 8.10% (2,002)
- Start-up: 7.60% (1,877)
- Independent: 4.98% (1,229)
- Family-run: 3.66% (905)
- Non-Profit: 2.04% (505)
- Government: 1.55% (383)
You might also enjoy…
- New neuroscience reveals 4 rituals that will make you happy
- Strangers know your social class in the first seven words you say, study finds
- 10 lessons from Benjamin Franklin’s daily schedule that will double your productivity
- The worst mistakes you can make in an interview, according to 12 CEOs
- 10 habits of mentally strong people