While new grads can learn a lot from commencement addresses like journalist Ronan Farrow’s, it turns out that they have a knack for going on to work in certain positions.
LinkedIn released new research showing what jobs the Class of 2016-2017 scored, with the top one being a Software Engineer, boasting a hefty salary of $92,300. Here are some of the data points that stood out.
New grads’ jobs and salaries
LinkedIn’s research revealed “the top 10 most-applied-for job titles” for people who graduated between 2016 and 2017.
- Software Engineer: $92,300
- Investment Banking Analyst: $85,000
- Marketing Coordinator: $45,000
- Graphic Designer: $45,000
- Assistant Media Planner: $58,000
- Account Executive: $60,000
- Business Analyst: $70,000
- Recruiter: $48,000
- Account Coordinator: $40,000
- Administrative Assistant: $38,000
The most popular skills that new grads have
These are the 10 most popular skills that employed 2017 graduates had.
- Microsoft Office
- Customer Service
- Public Speaking
- Social Media
- Time Management
- Event Planning
More from Ladders
- 6 tips for surviving a marathon workday
- If you sleep less than 7 hours, you are more likely to crash your car
- New data paint an unpleasant picture of poverty in the US
- Here’s how much more money American men earn than women at every age
- Survey: 72% of employees think their coworkers aren’t good communicators