In the aftermath of the Harvey Weinstein scandal involving a staggering number of alleged cases of sexual harassment and assault, we have yet another reason to do a double-take: a tone-deaf job posting requiring a “good personality – ability to deal with the male banter and be sociable but not distracting.”
RMS Recruitment, which describes itself in the job posting as a “boutique secretarial recruitment agency” in the Mayfair area of London, was seeking someone to fill the role for a property investment client in the area.
The job also entails working with “two Founders” for two in-house businesses while managing schedules, keeping track of spending, helping out during “staff events,” traveling, and assisting “the new Operations Officer in planning and implementing new systems and strategies,” in an office, reportedly made up of “various friends and family members.”
In addition to dealing with “male banter,” the job also requires you are “degree educated with good spelling and grammar,” have “solid PA/EA experience. Investor Relations experience,” and are “bright and emotionally intelligent.” All for a salary of £40-45K ($57-64K).
RMS recruitment later issued an apology on Twitter for the listing.
More from Ladders
- How to make Fridays more fun in the summer, even if you can’t leave work early
- Study: An orange a day keeps the bad vision at bay
- These are the 10 most stressed cities in the U.S.
- The economy is so strong, job seekers are ghosting employers
- Survey: This is the best city for buying your first house in 2018