Most Americans are packing their bags and getting ready to hit the road this summer.
A new study conducted by YouGov found that 73% of Americans plan to take at least one summer road trip this year.
Follow Ladders on Flipboard!
Hit the road Jack
The survey, which spoke with more than 1,000 US adults, also found that parents with children are most likely to opt for a road trip, with 86% reporting they’ll be cruising toward a summer getaway with their kids.
The most popular trip in regards to mileage was between 101-300 miles (22%.)
While air travel remains the preferred method of transportation among adults, the reasoning behind why Americans are opting for the road trip remains unclear.
In a survey commissioned by Pilot Flying J, which spoke to 1,000 U.S. adults who take at least one road trip a year, 57% said road trips were a cheaper alternative to other methods of travel.
More than half said they preferred road trips because they have more control over the trip and plans.
If you’re thinking about where to drive this summer, USA Today prepared a guideline for the 10 best road trips in the US. Leading the list is a ride down the Pacific Coast Highway in California, from Monterey to Morro Bay, which takes you through some of California’s scenic treasures including Big Sur.
You might also enjoy…
- New neuroscience reveals 4 rituals that will make you happy
- Strangers know your social class in the first seven words you say, study finds
- 10 lessons from Benjamin Franklin’s daily schedule that will double your productivity
- The worst mistakes you can make in an interview, according to 12 CEOs
- 10 habits of mentally strong people