Some of the top tech companies offer lavish perks for their employees, like free gourmet lunches, unlimited PTO, free massages and gym memberships and even egg freezing. Studies have shown that happy employees are more productive employees, so it makes sense to why tech companies invest in creating a positive work environment that increases creativity, collaboration, and lead to greater levels of profits.
We decided to survey our community of tech employees and see which company had the happiest employees. We asked users to answer ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to this one simple question: Are you happy at your current workplace? A total of 10,677 answered the survey question.
Here’s what we found:
- 66.20% answered with ‘Yes.’
- 33.80% answered with ‘No.’
We also took a look at the results broken down by companies with at least 100 employee responses. Here’s what we found:
- LinkedIn led the way with 83.25% of the happiest employees answering with ‘Yes.’
- Rounding out the top three were Uber (with 77.78%), Salesforce (with 73.20%), Apple (with 71.43%) and Tesla Motors (with 68.89%).
- Snapchat had the lowest percentage of employees answering with 38.32%.
- The two other companies with the lowest percentage of employees answering with ‘Yes’ are eBay (with 39.13%), Oracle (with 41.36%), Oath/ Verizon Media (with 42.42%) and Booking.com (with 44.29%).
More survey details:
The survey ran from Jan 15 through Jan 25, 2019, and was answered by 10,677 users of the Blind app. Users could only answer once.
This article was originally published on TeamBlind.