We know that there are many words that can make you look dumb, plus, phrases that can make you seem passive-aggressive, clueless and ridiculous, but it turns out that there are also a bunch of adjectives that you’re probably using too frequently as well.
Digital writing assistant Grammarly analyzed “the most frequent adjectives used in a single day on all Grammarly products,” and boiled it down to 10 specific ones, which will probably look pretty familiar.
You’re definitely using these 10 adjectives too much
Get a load of these words:
1.) “Other” — fun fact: Grammarly reported that this term popped up “five million times in a day across Grammarly products”
Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for these adjectives in your own writing. Have a great day!
More from Ladders
- How getting a rude email can hurt your partner’s career
- Stop stressing over asking dumb questions at work – do these 3 things instead
- The secret to a good meeting: The meeting before the meeting
- 10 things you should never say when making a presentation
- At the intersection of food, influence, and leadership