We know that there are many words that can make you look dumb, plus, phrases that can make you seem passive-aggressive, clueless and ridiculous, but it turns out that there are also a bunch of adjectives that you’re probably using too frequently as well.
Digital writing assistant Grammarly analyzed “the most frequent adjectives used in a single day on all Grammarly products,” and boiled it down to 10 specific ones, which will probably look pretty familiar.
You’re definitely using these 10 adjectives too much
Get a load of these words:
1.) “Other” — fun fact: Grammarly reported that this term popped up “five million times in a day across Grammarly products”
Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for these adjectives in your own writing. Have a great day!
More from Ladders
- 4 steps to becoming a powerhouse public speaker
- The lessons most new grads have to learn in their first jobs
- 5 cold email writing tips to make you hate yourself even more
- 5 phrases that have no English translation, but totally capture what you’ve always wanted to say
- Survey: 72% of employees think their coworkers aren’t good communicators