Campus Management is the computer software company partnering with higher education institutions across the globe in hopes to transform academic delivery, student success, and operational efficiency.
Find out all about the software company that won the spot of Microsoft Global Education Partner of the Year in 2018, including some tips from the CEO and Chief People Officer on how to get hired there.
Campus Management rundown
Size: 980 employees globally
Industry: Computer Software
Locations: Campus Management’s headquarters is in Boca Raton, Florida, with a second main office in Bangalore, India. The company also has offices in Cincinnati, Ohio, Houston, Texas, and McLean, Virginia.
Founder: David Meek
CEO: Jim Milton
Today, CEO Jim Milton is celebrating his 5-year anniversary at @CampusMgmt. How did he start his anniversary this morning? Getting coffee for his team before the Americas All-Hands meeting & exemplifying our value of Teamwork. #CEO #Leadership #HigherEd #HigherEducation #EdTech pic.twitter.com/RuLtCPUYyn
— Campus Management (@CampusMgmt) August 22, 2019
Mission: Campus Management’s mission is to “is to deliver the higher education platform and services that allow you to transform your academic delivery, student success and operational efficiency on your terms,” according to the company’s website.
How much do Campus Management employees make?
The average salary for a Campus Management employee is $112,916 per year. Ladders estimates are based on our calculations.
Campus Management is currently hiring for 11 open positions, including a Strategic Consultant and a Project Manager to work remotely. Additionally, the company is looking for a Business Analyst and an Integration .NET Developer to work from its Boca Raton headquarters. Find a list of open roles on Ladders’ Campus Management Jobs page.
What Campus Management CEO Jim Milton says it takes to get hired
“Be authentic and think about how you will help us transform higher education,” is Milton’s number one piece of advice for getting hired at the company.
Milton also told Ladders that candidates should put time into comparing company values against individual values.
“Our values are central to our organization, so know our values and if they align with who you are prior to interviewing,” Milton said. “We know your time is important, and sometimes the interview process can be rigorous, so don’t wait until the end of the interview to ask important values and culture questions.”
Campus Management Values
Representing company values could not only land you a job at Campus Management but could land you recognition (and cash prizes) through the Campus STARS Awards Program.
“My favorite part of our quarterly meeting is the Stars Awards,” Milton said. “I truly enjoy hearing the stories of the employees who have been nominated as living our values and then announcing the winners to the entire organization.”
Take a look at the five main company values:
- Customer Focus: Customers, both external and internal, are at the center of our activities and drive all that we do.
- Innovation: Constantly challenges conventional wisdom to bring about changes that create a new dimension of performance.
- Performance: Strive for excellence in everything undertaken.
- Integrity: Act with a profound sense of integrity and fairness.
- Teamwork: Create a feeling of oneness and team spirit within a workgroup.
— Campus Management (@CampusMgmt) March 8, 2019
What Campus Management Chief People Officer says it takes to get hired
“Campus Management looks for people that are passionate about what we do for our client institutions, knowing that the end game is student success and the transformation of lives,” said Kathy Murphy, the Chief People Officer.
“We are a fast-paced company so we look for adaptability and curiosity, but also someone who is customer-focused,” Murphy said. “Getting noticed and getting hired happens when you come prepared to talk about our business and the value you can bring to Campus Management and to our customers!”
Campus Management Office Life
The company culture at Campus Management is unique because about 20% of employees work remotely, which means that the company is almost always operating “virtually.” For those in office, the environment is very casual.
“We like to celebrate successes, milestones, or simply our multicultural holidays and this allows for people to relax and get to know each other socially,” Murphy said.
Milton told Ladders that Campus Management embodies the work hard, play hard mentality.
“We are constantly innovating and helping clients find solutions to their education technology challenges,” he said. “Even though we are driven to make institutions more successful and operationally efficient, we also take time to celebrate holidays and recognize employees who live our values.”
When in London…#CampusInsightLondon #AbbeyRoad #CampusManagementCommunity #TeamGoals #CorporateCulture #WeHaveFun #Beatles
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Occupational accident insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- 401K plan
- Performance bonus
- Family medical leave
- Vacation & paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Sick days
- Volunteer time off
- Bereavement leave
- Employee discount
- Employee assistance program
- Mobile phone discount
- Company social events
- Legal assistance
- Free lunch or snacks
- Gym membership
- Professional development
- Tuition assistance
- Job training
Yesterday, our Boca Raton and Houston-based employees decorated our office trees with ornaments that represented themselves. The two offices partied together via Skype! #CultureMatters #CampusCommunity #HigherEd #EdTech #ChristmasTrees pic.twitter.com/mzfNYmRxDK
— Campus Management (@CampusMgmt) December 4, 2018
Campus Management employee reviews 2019
Reviews on Glassdoor range from a one-star review titled “Not a healthy place” to five-star reviews exclaiming that “momentum is growing!”
“There is a sense of excitement at CMC these days as the company transforms not only its products, but its culture,” the reviewer wrote. “Benefits, work-life balance are great. Management team is very accessible, including the C-level executive team. There is a real sense of team work and a sense that we are poised for growth.”
Others encourage that the office is a “friendly work environment with a lot of learning opportunities.” With a 94% approval rating of the CEO, reviewers also value the accessibility of the leadership team.
Campus Management product rundown
Campus Management offers cloud-based SIS, CRM and ERP solutions and services to higher education institutions.
CampusNexus Student is designed to engage students. The software focuses on six key functions:
- Strategic Enrollment Management: Leverage the advanced features you need to engage with students in a meaningful and personalized way and exceed service expectations throughout recruitment and enrollment processes.
- Academic Management: Transform your curriculum planning and course scheduling and meet students’ needs on campus, online, and through blended programs with an open and flexible student information system.
- Academic Records: Assist enrollment processing through timely course scheduling, manage waitlists, automatically apply tuition and fees, document each student’s academic history, and protect academic standards.
- Curriculum Management: Plan curriculum, define grade schema, determine faculty needs, equipment, and book requirements, and offer programs in standard, nonstandard, and nonterm formats, all in one environment.
- Student Progress: Monitor Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Enable degree progress audits, including ‘what if’ scenarios, and student pacing in multiple types of programs.
- Graduation Processing: Verify program completion requirements. Apply financial standing rules. Confer degrees and bestow credentials upon eligible students.
Additionally, the company created Radius, admission and enrollment CRM. The software offers six main features:
- Student Relationship Management: Gain the ability to build deeper relationships with students through case management, event planning, and online inquiry management tools.
- Application & Admissions Management: Our robust application management system lets you create and manage applications on the fly.
- Prospect & Student Communications: Engage students with dynamic, multichannel campaigns to keep them informed about all your institution has to offer.
- Reporting & Analytics: Radius by Campus Management includes a host of real-time reporting and analytics tools that help you generate actionable data.
- Text Messaging: Radius by Campus Management integrates with Mongoose to offer two-way, integrated texting.
- Personalized Student Portal: A one-stop student portal that gives students personalized information about programs of interest at your institution.
Campus Management also offers six services:
- Strategic Consultants: Strategic consultants align CampusNexus solutions with your institution’s objectives and help to optimize the value you gain from your investment. Recommendations go beyond technology to include guidance on best practices, configurations, and workflows.
- Implementation Team: With best practices honed over decades of successful implementations, Campus Management’s Professional Services team ensures that solutions are delivered on time and within budget, and that your users embrace the new system.
- Managed Services: Campus Management clients turn to Managed Services to maximize platform support and performance as well as application utilization to help your institution optimize solutions, ensure uptime and performance, and adapt easily to new strategies.
- Customer Engagement Managers: Each Campus Management client institution gains a dedicated Customer Engagement Manager who ensures a highly coordinated and collaborative team approach to meeting your institution’s needs.
- CampusCare: Our CampusCare team members are true partners in your success and provide a variety of value-added benefits, including 24/7 tech support, off-hours system upgrades, regulatory updates, training keys for online and classroom-style instruction, an online knowledge base and more.
- The Campus Management Learning Center: Campus Management training services offer curriculums designed around the working world of each department within your institution. Taught by real-world experts in their field, these courses are offered in a variety of learning formats, including online, on-site, or at one of Campus Management’s facilities and span our solutions suite.