We need the wise women. Regardless of our age, or of theirs, wise women can be found anywhere. She can be found in you. A wise woman requires the work, the awareness, and the self compassion to be a container for the wisdom that flows. Find your wise women, keep them close. Find your inner wise woman, and follow her lead…
Follow Ladders on Flipboard!
- She’ll ask you questions. Without worrying if the questions come back her way.
- She says ‘No’. Even though you’ll be disappointed. But she’ll be full.
- She walks away. When it costs her power, she walks away.
- She has space for your doubt.
- She’ll hear your mess-ups and then share with you her truth. Not her judgment.
- She’s got boundaries. You’ll probably know about them.
- She’ll touch you when you cry.
- She gives wisdom. Not projection. Not advice. You always know the difference because you can feel it.
- She doesn’t fight with life. She flows with it.
- She owns her decisions. Personal responsibility. No matter what.
- She learns wisdom the same way we all do, hard earned. She’s been there.
- She knows who she spends time with matters.
- She makes decisions with intention.
- She embraces age as a deepening of wisdom. Not a loss of youth.
- She’d rather connect with one than be seen by all.
- She isn’t threatened by what you have because she knows why she’s here.
- She doesn’t have all the answers.
- She creates as a process, not for an outcome.
- She understands the difference between what’s important and what’s an achievement.
- She knows the power of her words, and she doesn’t let that potency become poison – for her or for you.
- She has light behind her eyes. It’s optimism. And hope. And presence.
- She doesn’t concern herself with what’s trivial, and yet she understands that it might not be trivial to you.
- She shows you the difference between power and influence. The latter being so much less of what you need.
- She speaks up, even when no one is listening. Even when no one thinks she’s right.
- She leads you to your own wisdom. Always.
This article originally appeared on Maxie McCoy.
You might also enjoy…
- New neuroscience reveals 4 rituals that will make you happy
- Strangers know your social class in the first seven words you say, study finds
- 10 lessons from Benjamin Franklin’s daily schedule that will double your productivity
- The worst mistakes you can make in an interview, according to 12 CEOs
- 10 habits of mentally strong people