Keep your career on the right track with this mid-year evaluation.
If you don’t want to become obsolete in your career, then it’s imperative to seek out new professional development opportunities. This could be as simple as registering for your industry’s annual conference, watching a relevant webinar, or optimizing your summer reading with a book that will help you to fill in a knowledge gap that’s holding you back.
Scope out the market
While you may be content with your current role, it never hurts to know what else is out there. The most successful professionals constantly keep an eye on the job market and their competition. Download free apps like Ladders and take a look at the open opportunities in your area. This is also a great way to research your market value before you negotiate your next raise or promotion.
Combine work and play
If your networking activities slumped since the weather improved, it’s time to turn things around. Use each block party, baseball game, and barbecue as an opportunity to network. Additionally, take advantage of lighter workloads and summer Fridays by scheduling informational interviews with valuable networking contacts.
More from Ladders
- Survey: These are the best states for a summer road trip
- Millennials still getting mom and dad to pay for rent and phone bills
- The best CEOs to work for in 2018, according to employees
- How many different types of smiles are there?
- Time management expert says this is the only reason to have a morning routine