Chicago TV station WLS-Channel 7 had a very bad Saturday morning. The ‘P’ and the ‘Chang’ were right, but nothing in between.
— Gordon Loesch (@WPXIGordon) February 13, 2018
P.F. Chang’s cleared up any confusion Sunday evening:
Contrary to this broadcast, we’re not hosting the games. 🙂 https://t.co/3HW694pE4J
— P.F. Chang's (@PFChangs) February 11, 2018
According to the Chicago Times, the mistake was due to a “mix-up” with the graphic:
Jayme Nicholas, a spokesperson for the ABC affiliate in Chicago, told Inc. that the goof was the result of a mix-up. The graphic was created for a different “satirical piece” put together on Friday by sports anchor Mark Giangreco in which viewers were encouraged to invent their own Olympic sports, but it was mistakenly also used for the serious news story read on Saturday by weekend anchor Mark Rivera, Nicholas said.
More from Ladders
- Twitter captures the #FunnyThingsDadsSay
- These 8 innocent email clichés aren’t so innocent after all
- Twitter shares the strangest things people have seen on a resume
- How to create a funny – and appropriate – Out of Office email response
- Twitter shows us that ‘blending in’ at the office isn’t always a good thing