Jessica Spaulding is the owner and driving force behind the Harlem Chocolate Factory. Making Chocolate has always been a passion of hers but she only decided to turn it from hobby to career recently. Before becoming a chocolate mogul, Spaulding worked in graphic design and marketing, primarily assisting small businesses. She decided to quit and go into business for herself when she felt frustrated at the decisions she saw other entrepreneurs making.
Ladders asked Spaulding about the decision to leave her day job for her hobby and what other people thinking about doing something similar can expect.
More from Ladders
- Is there a good way to say ‘no’ to your boss
- 13 body language blunders that make you look bad
- This is why it is so hard to delegate (and how you can fix it)
- Twitter and Instagram celebrate #TakeYourDogToWorkDay
- Men’s grooming for beginners: Why you should pay more attention to your sideburns and stubble