Work hard, play hard. It’s all about attitude.
However, depending on what state you live in it may be easier to play a little harder outside of work. Personal finance site WalletHub looked at all the states and ranked them for fun levels depending on factors from movie costs to accessibility of national parks to casinos per capita. So where does your state rank? Take a look at the most fun states below:
- New York
And it is California for the win. Not surprisingly it came in first in a number of categories including restaurants per capital, movie theaters per capita, and fitness centers per capita.
But other states showed their fun side like Maine for its variety of arts, entertainment and recreation establishments offerings and Vermont which has the most skiing facilities per capita.
As for which states are not so fun, these 10 ranked the lowest. Sorry, West Virginia.
- West Virginia
- Rhode Island
Check out the full rankings here and the infographic below.
More from Ladders
- 6 tips for surviving a marathon workday
- If you sleep less than 7 hours, you are more likely to crash your car
- New data paint an unpleasant picture of poverty in the US
- Here’s how much more money American men earn than women at every age
- Survey: 72% of employees think their coworkers aren’t good communicators