Got some upcoming work trips or vacations planned for the summer? Well, get ready because it is going to be super busy (which means more germs in the airport.)
According to the latest report by Airlines for America (A4A), airlines are expecting the busiest summer in the history of U.S. air travel. Whoa. They are forecasting 246.1 million passengers will fly with U.S. airlines between June 1 and Aug. 31, 2018. If you break it down that is 2.68 million passengers per day during the period. Hmm, that long car trip may not be looking so bad right now.
This is a a 3.7% increase from last year’s total. The report said to accomadate the increase in passengers they would add 116,000 seats per day.
So why the increase? Well, fares are slated to stay low as we approach the summer season.John Heimlich, A4A’s Chief Economist, noted that as household net worth increases passengers are taking advantage of these lower airfares.
More from Ladders
- Survey: These are the best states for a summer road trip
- Doing this simple task on the plane will lessen your flying anxiety
- Forget early retirement – people who saved enough say a ‘mini retirement’ is just as rewarding
- How work has changed for me while traveling full-time
- 4 secrets every carry-on traveler swears by