Who knew that treadmill classes were the year’s fastest-growing trend? Classpass, the fitness class-booking provider, released its Fitness Trends report for 2018, based on 60 million class reservations.
In addition to workout habits, the report also examined the reservation patterns of cities:
- New York was the overachiever, with the most class reservations booked.
- Columbus was full of early birds, most like to book a class for 7:30 a.m. or earlier.
- Pittsburg was the city of night owls, most likely to book a class at 7:30 p.m. or later.
- Orlando was a city of commuters, most likely to book a class in another city.
- San Diego had near-perfect attendance, as the city least likely to miss or cancel a class.
- Las Vegas was always on the run as the most likely to book a class at the last minute.
Certain cities had very specific workout preferences:
- Tuscon is the only city in the country where barre is the most popular workout.
- Honolulu and Houston are the only cities in the country where cycling is the most popular workout.
People spent a total of 1,090 years, 7 months, 2 weeks, 4 days 17 hours and 48 minutes working out this year according to the report.
But don’t work out too hard over the holidays: The most popular rest day was reported as New Year’s Day.