Mondays: the days when all of Sunday’s late-night worries crystallize and become real: the growing to-do list, the non-stop meetings, the projects due. Mondays are even more intense after Daylight Saving Time, when we are all more likely to feel like sleepy, hungry, cranky infants.
On days like this, we need inspiration.
Here is your antidote: a kitten that defies the odds and overcomes enormous physical barriers, to escape its limitations.
It’s not easy, symbolizing the struggle each of us experiences when seeking autonomy in our careers. For a while, the furry seeker is stuck, flailing, between safety and the promise of freedom.
The goal: escape to the promise of a better life.
Just as the kitten nearly accomplishes its goal, there is a twist — one that teaches us all about the value of alliances in achieving our personal freedom.
Thanks to financial commentator Josh Brown, the CEO of Ritholtz Wealth Management, who shared it with thousands of people, we can see this kitten’s struggle as a metaphor for office life.
This is so intense I stood up toward the end and started cheering pic.twitter.com/JkJNC3DbMa
— Downtown Josh Brown (@ReformedBroker) March 12, 2017
More from Ladders
- ‘Just do it!’ Finding motivation at your lowest point
- New Facebook and Instagram tools seek to curb your social media addiction
- Stop lying to yourself. The truth will change your life
- Why smart people never bring smartphones into meetings
- France is banning smartphones in schools. Should employers follow?