Independence Day brought some fireworks to the Fox News’ twitter account early Monday morning. An, as-of-yet, unknown hacker, “sent out several malicious and false tweets claiming that President Obama had been assassinated,” according to the most recent Foxnews.com article. The article also states that that the secret service will follow up especially diligently because of the nature of the tweets.
So, how does this tidbit of news apply to you and your job search?
Take it as a small reminder that you are your web presence, particularly when you are job hunting.
Here are some quick tips so that you, unlike Fox News, will not be misrepresented online.
More from Ladders
- STUDY: Watching reality stars can make us less sympathetic to poor people
- This Spotify sales coordinator starts her day with self-care
- These are the states with the highest 3-month cost of living
- 5 countries where you can retire on the cheap
- Here is some of the worst advice currently being given to Millennials