By now everyone knows the tale of New York Congressman Anthony Weiner. Mr. Weiner’s overexposure has many calling for his resignation including President Obama. While we hope that you never have this type of faux pas in the workplace it forces the question “would you resign after a major flub?”
Ladders columnist Scott Ginsberg says, in his article, 6 Face-Saving Antidotes to Awkward Situations, the key to getting out of a tight spot in the workplace is to change your focus. Can Anthony Weiner do that?
“So, how ’bout those Yankees?” might work…
An apology likely won’t help Weiner either. Nor can he correct his mistake, it’s not like he told a white lie on his resume.
So what can be done for the Congressman?
Can he, or you, for that matter survive such a major blow to his professional image?
More from Ladders
- 5 reasons Elon Musk really needs to get some rest
- Survey: 36% of Americans look at their bank account daily
- Men identify as the breadwinner if they do not respect wife’s career
- This study supports you eating more carbs at breakfast
- Survey: 22% of Americans say they ‘fell’ into their job instead of picking it