The Twitterverse made it, but we’re here to save it. How to avoid saying those #FiveWordsToRuinAJobInterview
You’ve been there before. Maybe you asked what it’s like to work at PepsiCo… to the hiring manager at Coca Cola. Or you panicked when the recruiter inquired about your salary requirements and you asked what they made instead. It’s easy to find your foot in your mouth during an interview.
However, I hope you’ve never felt tempted to blurt out any of the phrases shared on Twitter this past weekend with the hashtag #FiveWordsToRuinAJobInterview, like this:
To help you avoid these hilarious, yet embarrassing interview bloopers, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite articles. They’re full of tips that will help you nail the interview and land the job.
- 10 good ways to ‘Tell me about yourself’
- It’s not about me, it’s about you… the 21 questions you need to ask in a job interview
- How to answer, “What’s your greatest weakness?” during a job interview
- Interview due diligence: What to ask the hiring manager
- Are you answering these job interview questions incorrectly?