Senior Chemist jobs in San Diego, California (CA)
Showing jobs 1–9
- The principal scientist, peptide chemist, gastroenterology chemistry independently leads, inspires and motivates chemistry and interdisciplinary project teams.
- Manages the design, development, and implementation of SPR experiments to support drug discovery projects and characterizes small molecule and antibody interactions with membrane proteins.
- Ability to formulate project level goals and strategy though collaboration with other members of the organization, and a thorough understanding drug discovery.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to define and implement strategies for drug discovery programs from target validation to hit-to-tool/lead and/or lead optimization to candidate nomination and selection using internal, external (CRO) and partner resources.
- Provides expert peptide and conjugation chemistry input in evaluation of external/partnership opportunities, including participating in diligence exercises.
- Perform a wide range of advanced chemistry functions, including novel materials design, characterization and modification, polymerization and polymer characterization, small molecule synthesis, oligonucleotide and peptide synthesis, and bio-conjugation and modification of bio-molecules.