Design, synthesize, and characterize novel bioactive molecules towards a wide range of novel protein targets, in an efficient and independent manner. Integrate and interpret the SAR and identify lead compounds with desirable properties (activity, selectivity, DMPK characteristics, physical properties, etc.).
Research Chemist jobs in San Diego, California (CA)
Showing jobs 1–10
- The principal scientist, peptide chemist, gastroenterology chemistry independently leads, inspires and motivates chemistry and interdisciplinary project teams.
- Manages the design, development, and implementation of SPR experiments to support drug discovery projects and characterizes small molecule and antibody interactions with membrane proteins.
- Ability to formulate project level goals and strategy though collaboration with other members of the organization, and a thorough understanding drug discovery.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to define and implement strategies for drug discovery programs from target validation to hit-to-tool/lead and/or lead optimization to candidate nomination and selection using internal, external (CRO) and partner resources.
- Work closely with protein chemists, structural biologists and biophysicists to prepare high quality small molecule and protein solutions for structural and biophysics studies.
- Provides expert peptide and conjugation chemistry input in evaluation of external/partnership opportunities, including participating in diligence exercises.
- The scientist will be actively engaged in drug discovery activities for modulators of epigenetic targets, including the characterization of epigenetic enzymes and their inhibitors as well as histone and DNA methylation profiling and selectivity screening.