Participate in clinical research activities, including quality improvement initiatives.Provide supervision to pediatric psychology pre-doctoral interns and postdoctoral fellows, as well as teaching of medical students and pediatric residents.
Psychologist jobs in Hartford, Connecticut (CT)
Showing jobs 1–12
- Provides supervision to pediatric psychology interns and postdoctoral fellows, as well as teaching of medical students and pediatric residents.
- Conducts initial evaluations, performs mental status exams, accurately diagnoses, and develops and presents clear clinical formulations that are specific, attainable behaviorally oriented treatment plans, and identifies and provides therapeutic interventions appropriate to specified problems.
- Psychologist will provide assessment and treatment services to an acute adult inpatient population that includes individual, family and group psychotherapies.
- Identifies potential risk factors and taking measures to reduce those risks in the milieu through reinforcement of positive and safe behaviors, trauma-informed and relationally-based therapeutic interventions, and reporting of suspected child abuse/neglect, according to agency policies and procedures.
- Provide multi-culturally and trauma-informed psychological services, urgent/triage assessments, individual psychotherapy and group counseling to students, psychological evaluations as necessary, and make appropriate referral to other specialist.
- The faculty member will be expected to contribute to our clinical mission through patient care and to our educational mission through teaching and training of psychiatry residents, medical students, psychology interns or post-doctoral fellows.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Social Work / Department in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local guidelines and regulations, and company policies and procedures. Applies professionally accepted, research based practices.
- Directs and supervises clinical outpatient programs and staff. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding hospital policies, procedures and protocols.