Executive Coordinator jobs in Columbus, Georgia (GA)
Showing jobs 1–25
- Collaborates closely with our leadership, sales, and client teams to pinpoint opportunities for our strategic focus, and ensures the release themes and plans align to deliver the capabilities to enable winning in the marketplace; acts independently in determining methods and procedures for alignment to product strategy.
- Performs financial and statistical analysis and extracts meaningful information to interpret and summarize the data and present and make recommendations to management and executive management; provides Business Intelligence analysis by mining through a variety of data sources and extracting meaningful information.
- Makes recommendations to improve the market development and sales growth of assigned markets; provides sales analysis and reporting on new and existing market segments; interprets trends and makes recommendations to enhance or discontinue sales efforts within those markets; proactively identifies opportunities for performance improvement.
- Creates test designs based on project requirements and acts in a consultant capacity for other team members in the department on testing software techniques; serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) when answering questions or providing guidance on complex projects (as defined by the client) to internal and external customers (i.e. other departments, clients).
- Works collaboratively on the design, implementation and communication of the Global Finance roadmap to achieve operational excellence, organizational alignment and drive continuous improvement.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring risk based programs to identify, assess and mitigate any operational or strategic risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or external events, while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency.
- Provide a single point of contact for one or more problems and is responsible for ownership and coordination of actions of those problems to analyze for root cause, identify Known Error and coordinating actions to remove the error; minimize the expenditure of resource(s) while maximizing results.
- Maintains, administers and interprets procedures, methodology and/or application standards to include payment card industry and security related compliance according to how they are applied in testing activities; provides guidance to other Test Analysts as required; occasionally reviews and mentors a limited number of team members' work product.
- Creating Test Scripts, executing Test Scripts, documenting Test Results, raising defects & retesting any code fixes; use Quality Center for documenting passed/failed/blocked test cases as well as housing test scripts; communicate directly with external clients in order to understand requirements.
- Manages the operation, maintenance and administration of the organization's operating and management systems so that they function reliably, meet the organization's business needs, and use the organization's IT resources effectively.
- Participates in client facing meetings, joint venture discussions, vendor partnerships, client and internal development team working solutions to determine solution approaches; interacts with a diverse range of leaders, including senior management or possibly executive leadership and clients.
- Creates, modifies and provides governance over the plan, scope, schedule and cost to ensure quality and client satisfaction for moderately complex implementations; collaborates and ensures adherence to client and the company multiple work stream plans; works assignments requiring minimal analysis and interpretation of data and assists with assignments requiring extensive analysis.
- Provides direction to product development and the overall process of the product and services function; builds products and services from existing ideas and helps to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects.
- Ensures enterprise Disaster Recovery (DR) plans exist and annual reviews are conducted; oversees corporate response to global events and initiation of disaster plans; works with participating groups at the enterprise and client level; schedules and conducts DR exercises to validate recoverability and meet contract obligations.
- Builds an ecosystem of service partners for the company products in issuing segment to ensure maximum profitability and growth; maps partner capabilities and priorities with the company Products team goals and strategies to meet/exceed revenue targets; drive quarterly business reviews with key service partners and Products leadership.
- Leading SIEM engineering functions for a globally-scoped security situational awareness infrastructure, including directing SIEM application administration; guiding the design, development, testing, and optimization of complex SIEM use cases and content; overseeing SOC systems deployment and administration; recognizing the need for and implementing new policies, standards, and processes.