The Director of Finance and Administration provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization. The Director supervises the Alaska Pacific University (APU) Financial Services Division and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization.
Administrative Director jobs in Anchorage, Alaska (AK)
Showing jobs 1–10
- Provides leadership, direction, and guidance to assigned staff. Develops goals and priorities in conjunction with employees, and assigns tasks and projects. Develops staff skills and training plans. Counsels, trains, and coaches subordinate staff.
- Recommends system improvements for operational and clinical processes. Works with programmers and other HIT departments in testing of software, identifying software problems and requesting enhancements and/or remediation based on business requirements. Uses existing HIT processes, procedures, best practices, and software whenever possible into daily work.
- Under general direction, tracks clinical outcomes and incidents at the Alaska Native Medical Center (ANMC) and provides pro-active risk management consulting services to the hospital to prevent professional medical errors and omissions and other liability incidents and to improve patient safety.
- Proven ability to lead an organization to high levels of performance while maintaining morale and personal growth for employees in a union free environment. Ability to act as a positive mentor and coach to subordinates and instill a coaching environment in the organization.
- Manages and schedules assigned staff. Develops goals and priorities, and assigns tasks and projects. Develops staff skills and training plans. Counsels, trains and coaches financial and operations managers. Implements corrective actions and conducts performance evaluations. Provides leadership, direction and guidance in financial and technical strategies and priorities.
- Maintain communication with department heads to develop and update job specifications, description of benefits, and specifications for the type of candidate desired. Identify openings and initiate recruitment, following all standard operating procedures and forms.