- Monitor and report on special equipment pricing/availability/utilization for both weekly peaks and events. Ensure all equipment is utilized at the highest contribution level possible. This includes monitoring substitutions and vehicles in the wrong areas and coordinating the movement of those vehicles back to the areas where the highest RPU can be generated.
- Build a strong working relationship with Operations and Fleet COE to ensure business needs are met and issues are identified to avert problems and capitalize on opportunities.
- Work closely with General Manager, Fleet to determine most efficient and effective allocation of new vehicle deliveries to maximize revenue opportunities and minimize transporter distribution expense.
- Work closely with General Manager, Fleet in managing deletion holds, ensuring Operations meets the deletions goals and that the deletions are moved to expeditiously.
- Keep abreast of competitive actions in the marketplace and communicate notable trends to all levels of management, incorporating these trends into the strategy as appropriate.
- Assist locations with close in rental/demand forecasts as necessary.
- Assist in coaching and educating General Managers and Area Managers on aspects of fleet & logistics management.
- Coordinate movement of vehicles into and out of the zone via trucking, when necessary
- Assist in the monthly revenue CE process as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring No-rev 7 reports to ensure that vehicles are available for rent
- Communicate and execute fleet plan objectives
- Act as car sales liaison ensuring that proper inventory levels are maintained at RHP, auction and retail lots
Bachelor’s degree with extensive experience in the car rental industry.
Experience in fleet, contribution or yield strategies.Prior management experience in the car rental industry preferred.
- Financial and business acumen
- Customer service resolution practices
- Excellent communication techniques
- Labor & Employment laws