The Zone Director is responsible for but not limited to:
- Achievement of Business Objectives (increase sales, expanded distribution, brand priorities, market share growth, etc …)
- Manage Concise Communication to the Brewery + Sales Team + Distributors pertaining to pricing, new item authorizations, displays and promotions.
- Develop Vertical Distributor Relationships.
- Manage budget.
- Lead, train and coach the Field Sales team to the level of Mastery in the responsibilities above.
What you'll do:
I . ASSIGNED ACCOUNT DUTIES
Develop/Manage Distributor Relationships
- Manage Distributors with the appropriate frequency to build the Lagunitas business in each territory. Includes annual/ quarterly business reviews, phone calls, e-mail, personal visits, etc.
- Develop and cultivate new, and maintain existing vertical account relationships with assigned off/on premise account personnel.
- Utilizing all relevant and available data (IRI & VIP), development and conduct presentations on a regular basis to improve the position of Lagunitas beers within assigned distributors.
Account Annual Business Planning
- Increase Lagunitas sales and marketing share in assigned accounts by expanding distribution, increasing feature, display and pricing activity, securing brand promotions, improving product location and other measures included in the annual plan.
- Develop Annual Business Plans with all assigned accounts including, but not limited to volume, distribution, market share, promotion, pricing, product position, POS placement, spending, etc.
- In conjunction with National Accounts chain team execute plans in assigned territories.
- Communicate/manage all pricing, product and promotion information on monthly basis.
- Insure all marketing, field sales and distributors are informed of National Account activity/needs/etc with adequate lead time to generate the execution required to be successful on assigned accounts.
- Communicate changes to sales, new packages authorizations, etc to brewery operations for use in production forecasting.
Account Analysis and Administration
- Manage all relevant price, product, or other pertinent information to designated accounts insuring prompt notification of all information related to Lagunitas, trade promotions, and post off calendars, etc.
- Maintain, update and circulate updated Field Sales contact list as needed.
- Analyze all internal and syndicated data on accounts to identify opportunities to improve Lagunitas business. Make recommendations for new products/programs/etc. based on analysis of account needs and market trends.
- Provide buyers with performance recaps on a regular basis.
Develop Distributor Chain Team Relationships
- Organize meeting with a goal of opening communication and strengthening relationship with Distributor KAM's.
- Manage field sales and distributor teams to set and achieve retail execution objective. Includes territory education/training meeting, etc.
- Conduct on going store audits and monthly reporting on pricing, distribution, display, and feature activity.
- Provide regular input and feedback on all competitive programs to sales and marketing departments to ensure that Lagunitas can maintain a competitive position in the marketplace.
- Manage and operate within assigned expense budget.
II. MANAGERIAL DUTIES
- Responsible for hiring, training and performance management, including goal setting, tracking and corrective action plans.
- Make Distributor calls (Top 10) with the Regional managers to support, observe and coach.
- Initiate the development, utilization and implementation of analytical tools to assist the team in positioning the company as a best in class vendor within the chains.
- Insure that all tracking of execution including features, price promotions, new item distributions, shelf space, display activity, etc is completed via CRM tool on a timely basis.
- Assess skill set level and provide training to achieve more comprehensive analytical capabilities.
- Create target list of prospective new accounts based on accounts that are appropriate for craft beers and record list into the CRM.
- Develop templates, standard presentations and other tools to aide direct reports and allow them to focus their time on brand development and market level presence.
- Review direct report sales, expense and administrative reports, and insure that all administrative requirements are being followed.
- Insure that the Field Sales team performs their duties in a manner consistent with company culture and brand personalities, including, but not limited to, dress code, graphic presentations, etc.
What we're lookin' for:
- Good reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate, and lead a team.
- Professionalism essential for influencing buyers, customers and articulating presentations.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to "read" people and adjust.
- Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows 98,Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Schedule).
- Time management and planning and skills.
- Knowledge and use of IRI/Nielsen syndicated data and VIP sales reporting systems.
- Strong people management skills.
- In depth industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of State Liquor Board Rules & Regulations.
- Understanding of the industry, products, competitors and pricing strategies.
- In depth knowledge of the three tier distribution system.
- 5 years industry experience and selling products on a regional basis to chains, distributor management, etc.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination education and experience. Additional classes in sales skills, personnel management, negotiating, and marketing preferred.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Advanced sales skills.
- Advanced verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Product knowledge/industry knowledge.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to use a computer.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Extensive travel: up to 50% of time "on the road" (driving and flying).
- Unusual / extensive hours: May be required to work long or unpredictable hours. Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours. Must be available nights and weekends.
- Physical: Required to lift 35 lb. Cases, and 165 lb. kegs and various point-of-sales boxes on a periodic basis. May drive long distances (up to 8 hours).
- Other: Driver's license (in appropriate state with acceptable insurance record).
- Required to have reliable transportation.