IBM is currently hiring a zSystems Lab Engineering Early Professional for the Storage Lab Operations team.
Join an elite team of Lab Engineers who maintain z Systems hardware in Tucson, Arizona. They physically move, cable, setup, install code, run diagnostics, heath checks, troubleshoot issues and communicate with team members and stakeholders. This enables multiple Storage and z Mainframe development and test teams to utilize those systems to meet deliverables for our clients.
You will be given significant autonomy and flexibility to have a meaningful impact on our customers and our internal teams / business. This is not your Dad's or Mom's IBM! Come take a peek at some of the very cool stuff we are doing @ www.ibm.com
- Physically maintain z System hardware – handling cables and moves.
- Troubleshoot internal or external problems on z Systems hardware.
- Responsible for asset management of the z System hardware.
- Cable, configure and install code on z Systems hardware.
- Develop and cultivate relationships across IBM teams for the long term.
- Leverage IBM as a global company to achieve local business results.
- Innately driven to succeed, while also very collaborative.
- Intellectual curiosity in general and especially towards technology.
- Creative problem solver when deciphering client’s complex problems.
- Positive, motivational, and inspiring.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow up skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2+ years of Technical problem-solving skills.
- At least 2+ years using Operating systems – Windows and/or Linux.
- Technical aptitude with ability to understand and succinctly communicate value and ideas.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Basic experience Coding/Scripting.
- Basic experience with Storage systems.
- Mainframe knowledge.