Ranked as #12 on Forbes’ List of 25 Fastest Growing Public Tech Companies for 2017, EPAM is committed to providing our global team of over 24,000 people with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty, and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers’ business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a z/OS Programmer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
The successful candidate will focus on automation of application related activates from a z/OS perspective to streamline the move to z/DT, integration of automation processes from Linux OS. The candidate must have expert knowledge and hands-onexperience, working with the latest generation of IBM mainframes, and the more recent releases of the z/OS operating system.
- Operate z/OS system installation and customization using the IBM Serverpac process
- Perform and tune activities, which includes monitoring the system activities and making recommendations to the application developers on how to improve the overall performance of their application
- Apply operating system and program product fixes on a regular basis
- Analyze and debug operating system and program product related issues
- Provide technical leadership on best practices for operating system configurations, in areas of resiliency and performance
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience as z/OS System Programmer, including 3+ years of technical experience in designing and implementing medium to large scale Parallel Sysplex configurations
- Strong knowledge of z/OS operating system architecture, internals, operations, and recovery scenarios
- Experience with mainframe automation tools such as: AutoOperator, OPS/MVS, or AF/Remote
- Experience with various SNA and TCP/IPnetworking configurations
- Hands-on experience with I/O configuration definitions using HCD
- Excellent debugging skills and expert knowledge of IPCS
- Working experience with major subsystems, such as: CICS, DB2, and MQSeries Must be familiar with mainframe performance and tuning best practices, as well as expert knowledge of various monitoring tools
Job #: 30431