We have an exciting opportunity for a Youth Market Fundraising (Sales) Director in our Oregon & Southwest Washington Division. In this road warrior position, you will work directly with school and corporate partners, existing and new, in a territory that includes Portland, Beaverton, Southwest Washington and surrounding areas.
You will be responsible for implementing the AHA's Kids Heart Challenge TM event as the liaison with school-based coordinators, (typically PE Teachers/school principals/superintendents) to raise funds through our educational fundraising program. The Kids Heart Challenge TM keeps kids moving with jump rope competitions, basketball, dance and "warrior" obstacle courses. In addition to taking the healthy pledge, students learn how their hearts work and raise money to keep other hearts working.
This position will be directly responsible for meeting an overall fundraising goal of $400K. This is a field position that requires extensive local travel but will be based in our Portland office.
- Achieve fundraising goal through providing exceptional customer service, account management, initiative and follow-through
- Recruit and manage K-12 school accounts (existing and new) to participate in Kids Heart Challenge within the assigned geographic territory
- Prospect and secure corporate sponsorships; develop and implement year-round pipelines and cultivation plans for sponsorship accounts
- Recruit, train, coach and motivate volunteers in Youth Market products and services
- Identify, recruit and build strong relationships with volunteers including School Districts, Principals, Teachers and Parent Teacher Associations
- Manage customer and campaign information utilizing AHA systems accurate, timely and completely
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and training, preferably heavy direct sales experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in outside sales or fundraising position with a proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals
- Ability to work evenings on occasion and drive locally approximately 75% of the time
- Strong cold-calling, relationship-building and customer service skills
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer coaching and management and ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications and ability to maintain a high volume of account data in a timely and accurate manner
- Highly effective organizational, multitasking, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort with public speaking, specifically in front of large crowds including K-12 students
- Willing and able to travel extensively within the territory. Must have valid driver's license, auto insurance and personal vehicle or other reasonable form of transportation
- Ability to lift 15-20 pounds to transport supplies and materials
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of school market a plus
- Experience in K-12 school sales or fundraising, educational sales
- Track record with corporate sponsorship sales