The YMCA of Greenville is seeking a cause-driven leader who desires to make a major impact in the community to join our team as a Youth & Family Services Director of the Eastside Family YMCA. The Eastside Family YMCA, located in Taylors, SC, and offers a state-of-the-art wellness facility and programming including after-school care and off-site summer day camps.
The Youth & Family Services Director is responsible for leading the development and operations of the after school, summer day camp, and specialty camp programs. This position will oversee the Youth & Family Services Specialist and the child watch operations.
Greenville, S.C. is 45 minutes from the Blue Ridge Mountains and three hours from the Carolina beaches and Charleston. The YMCA of Greenville encompasses eight strategically located branches, with our Metro Office situated near Greenville’s vibrant downtown, which has been ranked among “America’s Ten Best” by Forbes Magazine.
- Bachelor's Degree in education, early childhood, recreation, human services or equivalent.
- Two or more years related supervisory experience in school-aged child care, teen programming, and/or day camping.
- Knowledge of child care licensing requirements, YMCA standards and ACA standards for day camps.
- Must have good interpersonal, public relations and communications skills, including the ability to make oral presentations.
- Skills in staff and volunteer supervision, values education, community program development, and fund raising.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Incumbent must complete mandatory trainings of New Staff Orientation, BBP/Child Abuse Prevention and CPR/1st Aid/AED trainings within 30 days of employment
BENEFICIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer skills preferred.
- CDL License and ability to drive preferred.
- Ability to speak two or more languages preferred.
- Report directly to the branch Executive Director on behalf of the Y&FS department.
- Direct and supervise the branch Y&FS/Child Watch Specialist; oversee Child Watch programming and staffing.
- Manages, directs and coordinates all aspects of after-school child care and summer day camp for the branch.
- Develop and implement high-quality child care curricula and activities for students of various ages and developmental stages.
- Develop and maintain a positive childcare leadership team with Y&FS Specialist, working toward the same goals and with a vision of offering high-quality, high-value programs for members and participants.
- Directly recruit, train, supervise, and develop part-time staff and volunteers in partnership with the Human Resource department and the Association Director of Y & FS Programs and Quality.
- Organize and schedule program registrations for ASCC, DC, and Specialty Camps.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to child care.
- Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Secure, monitor, and oversee transportation of participants – from school and on field trips.
- Conduct and report staff evaluations annually, as well as on-going, non-formal evaluations of staff to ensure the highest quality of staff are in place and adding value to childcare programs.
- Communicate and partner with Association Director of Y&FS Programs and Quality as a resource for program and staffing support, curriculum development, staff development and training efforts, program growth initiatives, and staff/participant engagement and retention.
- Coordinate use of branch facilities for daily activities.
- Secure facilities and admission for field trips and events.
- Purchase and maintain materials and supplies for ASCC program, including snacks.
- Develop and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Act as the Childcare Cabinet representative for your branch
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA four core values and character development model into all program activities.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with other community organizations.
- Responsible for the promotion of all child care programs, in conjunction with branch marketing and promotion plans.
- Develop and implement recruiting plans for YMCA Child Care programs.
- Establish new program activities and expand program within the community in accordance with the Association and branch strategic plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with DSS, school district administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs
- Intentionally and continuously strive to promote an organizational culture that advances practices and policies which value staff engagement, diversity, strengthens inclusion, and builds a global community in the US and abroad.
- Actively practice the YMCA of Greenville leadership attributes of Accountability, Ownership, Managerial Courage, Teamwork, and Focused Discipline as defined and communicated by HR.
- Participate in quarterly reviews with executive leadership examining and evaluating departmental progress, growth, staffing, results, and goals as well as personal application of YMCA of Greenville Leadership Attributes.