Position Statement: The Brown Forman Vice President serves as the leader of our Brown-Forman sales team. This role is responsible for managing, planning, organizing and directing the execution of Brown-Forman and YMCo programs through assigned dedicated team to achieve corporate and supplier objectives for assigned market / customer and channel while communicating effectively to senior management.
The VP Brown-Forman is expected to plan their own time and activities as well as those of their assigned direct reports to ensure achievement of Brown-Forman and YMCo sales and objectives by:
- Coordinating and monitoring the activities of the Brown-Forman Sales Teams across the state of Washington.
- Having knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; and the ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Create and implementing effect programming in conjunction with Brown-Forman partners that will lead to increasing market share, attaining Brown-Forman and YMCo goals and achieving annual revenue and gross profit goals
- Report directly to the EVP/GM Washington, sharing all plans and programs as appropriate and participating fully in all strategy and planning processes.
The VP Brown-Forman is expected to organize the structure and utilization of the Brown-Forman Sales team and ensure that all positions are appropriately staffed to achieve Brown-Forman and YMCo objectives by:
- Attracting, developing and retaining a talented and productive Brown-Forman team
- Guiding and mentoring Brown-Forman team members
- Successfully create a team environment of collaboration and partnership while leading the team
- Assist in cohesiveness between YMCo Chain Headquarter, Chain Programming and Chain Field teams
- Coordinate with Brown-Forman and Chain Programming and Chain Field teams weekly, monthly, quarterly team meetings
The VP Brown-Forman is expected to skillfully direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market / customer by:
- Work with VP's of Programming and Field execution to assist in setting objectives generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate their achievement in promoting the growth of the Brown-Forman portfolio. Support key account development and encourage events and training opportunities to build capability on the team and brand advocacy with on and off premise key stakeholders
- Events, Education, Training 25%
- Assist in establishing and communicating Brown-Forman brand portfolio priorities and maintaining brand standards.
- Conveying knowledge of key customer's business operations and the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the Brown-Forman's products to each.
- Facilitate and maintain existing ways of working and procedures while adding enhancements as needed.
- Monitor Brown-Forman brand sales by channel in order to achieve targeted results
- Occasionally attend buyer calls with Brown-Forman HQ Lead and YMCo Account Executives
- Assist in establishing quarterly revenue, brand and personal development goals for the Brown-Forman Team members
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of all Brown Forman tracking: BF 150, TPS, scorecards, etc.
- Monitor and adhere to monthly and annual expense budgets
VP Brown-Forman is required to serve as information resources for, and conduits between other portfolio teams, the YMCo team, Brown-Forman Partners and the GM/EVP of Washington:
- Impart knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function to sales and management teams.
- Establishing and maintaining productive Brown-Forman, YMCo and customer relationships.
- Monitoring pricing and programming within respective area of responsibility.
- Communicating all sales issues and opportunities for their respective area of responsibility to EVP of Washington
- Communicating all personnel issues to EVP/GM and partnering closely with Human Resources