In this role, you will work within the Global Financial Crimes and Customer Protect organization working closely with the Global Head of Compliance Investigations. You will be responsible for managing overall Xoom Compliance teams engaged in AML operations, to ensure that activity within the PayPal system is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism regulations and guidelines. You will be responsible for directing personnel’s’ priorities and fostering an environment where they are resilient and want to achieve their best results.
As a Senior Manager within the Global Financial Crimes Investigations team, your goal is to inspire leaders and analysts and help to effectively design, enable, and execute strategies specific to PayPal’s compliance program. Your responsibilities will be in accordance to PayPal’s Ethics and Compliance Standards, and obligations to the appropriate regulations, such as the Bank Secrecy (BSA) and USA PATRIOT Acts, and the governing authorities.
You will be required to manage Xoom Compliance Investigators and Leaders, including direct reports, and broader overall responsibility You will use data and KPI to evaluate individual performances, drive decisions and make needed adjustments. You will be expected provide guidance and input and serve as the Compliance point of contact for several other Xoom and PayPal business initiatives, including a multi-country remit. In addition, you will need to develop a deep understanding of PayPal’s operations, and lead your team to research, analyze and investigate customer activity across multiple platforms. In the course of performing the essential job duties, personnel are subjected to material which is confidential and may require review of information that some may consider offensive.
As a Senior Manager leading multiple teams of compliance professionals, it will be critical for you to stay current with policy changes, seek ways to enhance current processes and controls and related investigative tools, and maintain utmost professionalism in your interaction with our customers and regulators at all times.
As a Senior Manager, Your Responsibilities Include
- Developing a team of leaders and analysts, including providing coaching and supporting team culture and dynamics, to meet high performance standards;
- Demonstrate and at time leverage technical investigative and data analysis capabilities;
- Provide clear focus, plans and priorities when leading teams to complete time-sensitive and meticulous analyses of instances of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries, which is critical to PayPal’s fiduciary responsibility under the Bank Secrecy Act (Anti-Money Laundering rules) to effectively monitor customer’s activities with regard to detecting and reporting suspicious activity, including the predicate offenses of money laundering and terrorist financing;
- Establish relationships with other leaders and managers in other business units and support teams, throughout Risk & Platforms and the wider PayPal organization, to influence excellent information flow and feedback on the impacts of process, policy and product changes;
- Work with peer managers to leverage best practices, understand new trends and contribute to the implementation of workflow processes, tools and platform enhancement opportunities;
- Assist in the development of Departmental/Program goals and exhibit the necessary leadership to ensure such goals are achieved with an emphasis on building a best in class compliance program;
- Identify and be accountable as a change agent for significant business improvements as warranted and participate in cross-functional special projects designed to deliver outcomes with a significant business impact;
- Participate in developing the strategic direction of the GFC&CP operations program while regularly assessing and driving performance and program effectiveness with each member of your team, to review the status of the program and set short-term goals for improvements/standards as needed;
- Exercise excellent independent judgement and discretion when making decisions or recommendations in relation to each alert/case decision and investigation;
- Review and assess the work of Managers, team leaders and analysts to ensure appropriate disposition of all alerts and case on investigations.
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly assess team performance holistically and communicate the same to managers, team leaders and analysts on a regular basis, using appropriate leadership and coaching models.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of 6 years conducting or supervising research and investigations in a field related to CIP, Sanctions, Enhanced Due Diligence, Forensics, Law Enforcement, Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, or Internal Audit;
- Minimum of 5 years managing a team of leaders, analysts or investigators
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate and synthesize complex information or unpopular decisions accurately, concisely, quickly and credibly to all levels in the organization;
- Proven track record as an effective leader, coach and mentor of professional level employees who engages teams with a clear sense of purpose and enthusiasm;
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints when making tough and time-bound decisions;
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency as a leader;
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to make informed assessments and conclusions on risk;
- Ability to combine technical expertise and business understanding to create commercial benefits.
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Written Communications
- Directing Others
- Developing Direct Reports