XCTest / Testing Software Engineer
- Job Number: 86054108
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 22-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Passion for testing, testing methodologies, testing technologies and IDE testing integration
- Experience authoring developer-facing software, either tools or libraries
- Comfortable with large and established codebases, including complex debugging scenarios
- Highly developed problem-solving skills, and flexibility and patience when handling curveballs
- Established history of leadership and self-direction
- Demonstrated ability for creative and critical thinking
- Object-oriented design and programming skills
- Strong development environment experience (Xcode, Visual Studio, Eclipse)
The Xcode team is seeking a creative and highly motivated engineer to help shape the future of testing technologies at Apple. You’ll join a small but fearless group of engineers responsible for Xcode's testing integration and the XCTest framework. We are passionate about building industry-leading testing tools, and ideal candidates will have a strong passion for testing and automation, a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals and an appetite to learn the specifics of our domain. In this role you will be working closely with the rest of the teams that produce Apple's developer tools. You will be collaborating with Apple's internal software organization to help make sure that Xcode meets their testing needs as well as providing great new features to Apple's external developer community.