Position Description AutoZone is the nation's leading retailer and a leading distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories with more than 6,000 stores in US, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Brazil and operations in China and Europe. Since opening its first store in Forrest City, Ark. on July 4, 1979, the company has joined the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AZO) and earned a spot in the Fortune 500.
AutoZone is currently looking for a talented Sr Systems Database Administrator with 7+ years of experience for its Memphis, TN office. This position will perform administration and engineering for multiple production databases and will be responsible for fast-paced, complex distributed database environments supporting both OLTP and OLAP systems across multiple platforms.
AutoZone is currently looking for a talented Database Administrator with 7+ years of experience for its Memphis, TN office. The DBA will perform administration and engineering for multiple production databases and will be responsible for fast-paced, complex distributed database environments supporting both OLTP and OLAP systems across multiple platforms. Candidate will be able to rapidly troubleshoot complex technical problems under pressure, implement solutions that are massively scalable, while managing multiple customer groups. Deep knowledge of Oracle Database concepts and excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL is also preferred.
* Create, develop, and review the physical model created from the logical model, ensuring that the detailed physical design of data structures and databases complies with standards, guidelines and procedures.
* Provide support for application staff and business areas regarding database implementations, which could include a customized in-house database and/or a third party application package.
* Establish automated monitor mechanism for space and database availability conditions. Establish best practices for database and application high availability through the use of third party technologies and through the exploitation of various database features.
* Provide applications support for staff and business users by answering questions and resolving problems related to the DBMS technology.
* Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve problems impacting application and/or database availability and service levels.
* Contact vendor support when necessary to facilitate application development and client problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
* Provide after hours and weekend support as required for on call responsibilities, database refreshes, testing, technology upgrades, and other off hour assignments.
* Participate in establishing and maintaining technical standards, departmental procedures, and other technical documentation as required. Assure compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes, including audits.
* Assist in identifying, developing, and providing technology training to the application developers of the organization (formal and informal).
* Participate in staff training opportunities (formal and informal) relative to rules, procedures, and standards for the access and maintenance of shared data resources.
* Participate as assigned to intra and inter-departmental project initiatives.
* Participate as assigned in the testing and recommendation of tools and utilities to improve the effectiveness of managing and supporting the database environments. Position Requirements * Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
* Minimum of 7 years Database Administration experience with administering and supporting multiple Oracle databases for performance critical, highly available systems on UNIX/Linux platform
* Experience in Oracle’s Enterprise Manager, Database versions 10g/11g/12c using RAC and GRID Architecture, Configuration, Administration, and Oracle Directory Services
* Minimum of 5 years data modeling experience with conducting performance tuning, backup/recovery, and scalability/capacity planning, in addition to SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting
* Detailed understanding & experience of Linux operating systems and shell scripting
* Experience in Enterprise Replication concepts and tools (Golden Gate, Streams, SharePlex, Active Data Guard)
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
* Experience with backup/restore functionality using RMAN, DDBoost and Recovery Manager
* Experience in creating automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment).
* Experience managing servers in large-scale, geographically diverse environments.
* Excellent performance tuning skills (AWR, tracing, explain plans, SQL and Instance tuning)
* Experience in consultancy role, assisting and mentoring junior DBA staff.
* Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions.
* This position requires 24/7 operational support on a weekly rotation.
* ITIL v3 Foundation Certification