Position Overview Job Responsibilities
Provide direct technical web and telephone support to Fortinet customers including:
• Support and troubleshooting on the wireless and switching range of Fortinet products
• Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
• Collection and analysis of customer network information
• Collection and initial analysis of packet trace information
• Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
• Provide customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge etc…
• Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
• Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment
• Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case until case closure.
• Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case
Job Skills Required
• Experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
• Strong understanding of WiFi 802.11 networks, 4G LTE experience.
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
• Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, WIDS
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Extensive working knowledge of Windows, MACOs,UNIX or Linux
• Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable.
• Strong English skills both written and verbal.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable