Functional Lead/Manager will direct, coordinate, and exercise authority for personnel to support the day to day operations and manage a contractor team. The team consists of 40+ personnel within the Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) Division Office for the KLXS II contract supporting NASA's Exploration Ground Systems (EGS) Program at the Kennedy Space Center (KSC).
Provide the primary interface for the LX NASA customer interface on a daily basis for SE& including ensuring that the coordination and customer support required within the Branches in the Division are being met.
Direct, coordinate, and exercise authority for personnel to support the day to day operations and manage a contractor team in Systems Engineering performing requirements development/program technical planning.
Provide solid knowledge of system engineering processes and project/design life cycles that includes requirements generation, decomposition and management, establishing design criteria, operational analysis, and verification/validation approval cycles, in preparation for Operation Readiness Reviews.
Draw from previous knowledge of Launch Vehicle preparation requirements for flight, operational schedule development and analysis techniques, work authorization document (WAD) development and associated vehicle to ground interface operational requirements.
Actively participate in Program, Division, Branch and KLXS staff meetings.
Prepare Monthly Status Reports and associated summaries and presentations and be prepared to present and explain inputs to the NASA Contracting Representative and/or KLXS Program Management Team.
Be an innovative thinker and proponent of innovations that could improve the processes and work flows under assigned areas of responsibility.
Serve as a mentor to new employees.
• Manage, train/develop, and execute performance reviews for all staff members under his/her direction.
• Ensure highest customer satisfaction for his direct customer area.
• Execute actions in response to customer feedback related to employees.
• Make salary and bonus recommendations to the Program Manager.
• Approve and ensure timeliness and accuracy of timecards and travel vouchers for staff members within group.
• Execute the MEI Engineering Quality Assurance Standards within the group and ensure staff compliance with MEI Procedures and Policies.
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills to promote retention and employee morale.
• Work with HR in conducting recruitment and termination of employees.
• Ensure subordinate resumes are updated and delivered to Human Resources annually, Performance reviews are complete, and complete onboarding process tasks in support of new employees as required in accordance with Human Resources’ calendar.
Personal attributes, special aptitude's, physical requirements, and personality traits
Good organizational skills and ability to balance and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to work independently and as part of an intergrated team
5 years of direct supervision of technical personnel and an engineering or science degree (BS).