- Develop and execute system safety and environmental engineering audit plans for system safety, space safety and range safety iaw with AF and DoD instructions, requirements, and policies.
- Assess, capture, and track certification system safety and environmental engineering status, risks, and risk mitigation plans
- Assess launch provider environmental documentation in accordance with State and Federal environmental requirements, ordinances, and laws.
- Evaluate the impact and resolution of mishaps and other system safety violations
- Assess compliance with orbital debris and disposal requirements iaw applicable guidance, policy, instruction, and international law
- Interface with on-site certification representatives to include USAF, Government, New Entrant, FFRDC, and other Government agencies
- Applies company quality assurance requirements to all certification products, reports, and reviews.
- Develop and present technical summary reports
- 10 years of experienceapplying system safety and environmental engineering requirements and best practices to space and launch systems, ground site activities and launch operations
- BS degree in engineering, math, or physical sciences; will consider less experience in lieu of advanced degrees (8years of experience with MSdegree)
- Experience interfacing with computer-based database and schedule tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% time.