Job Summary: Millennium Engineering and Integration Company is seeking an experienced Space Flight Instrument Manager to assisting monitoring vendor progress and managing support contracts.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) Flight Project (FP) Instrument Systems Technical Management Team (IS-TMT) performs acquisition management, technical oversight, and full lifecycle support for the flight instrument elements over all JPSS missions (S-NPP and JPSS-1/2/3/4) on behalf of the JPSS Flight Project. This position entails oversight as the resident office manager for the Cross Track Infrared Sounder (CrIS) Instrument at the manufacturer site in Ft Wayne, IN. The job reports to NASA GSFC JPSS leadership.
The resident Instrument Manager will be the local interface to the vendors responsible for this work.
- Perform technical evaluations of manufacturer proposals and performance
- Participate in anomaly review boards
- Oversee mechanical and electronic manufacturing activities including manufacturer subcontractors.
- Author weekly status reports to the JPSS Flight Project and monthly status reports to the OMES prime contractor.
- Serve as the primary interface between Goddard and the Vendor.
- Require 30 years in high tech and aerospace industries
- Previous NASA \experience managing $100M in assets.
- Exceptional collaborative, listening, verbal communications and writing skills to effectively coordinate with team members, customers and external agencies
• Strong project management skills
- Experience following NASA Standards and Procedures
BS, MS or Phd in engineering discipline.