Managed Services Mainframe EngineerPosition Summary:
The primary purpose of this position is to install and maintain mainframe software. This position will also estimate and plan for installation and upgrade activities as well as new customer transition projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides technical assistance regarding Disaster Recovery exercises and Business Continuity Processes
• Ensures system improvements and/or modifications are implemented
• Develops, enhances and/or supports technical approaches that allow successful audits and scalable implementations of large, complex mainframe environments.
• Identifies and resolves performance issues
• Facilitates project planning efforts by establishing and meeting work estimates, target dates, milestones and schedules
• Participates in ongoing development and improvement of installation standards
• Updates customer incident tickets and change orders with effective communication providing internal management and customer account managers with status information
• Works with project managers in the development and implementation of project plans and timelines
• Provides team members with technical training and/or mentoring as needed.
• Provide primary support for reported problems related to software in assigned area of responsibility, and related products
• Fulfills ServiceNow requests for customers as they pertain to software in assigned area of responsibility and related products
Requirements Position Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
• At least five (5) years experience installing, maintaining, and supporting mainframe software products for IBM mainframes, and performing system management functions (software installations, version upgrades, product maintenance, and configuration management)
• Experience installing, maintaining and supporting z/VM and z/VSE software
• Knowledge of DASD Management, Allocation and Formatting
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• CICS TS experience under z/VSE
• Demonstrated ability to execute tasks associated with customers’ disaster recovery plans
• Experience installing, supporting, and maintaining z/Linux software
• Knowledge of CA-Top Secret and/or RACF
• Knowledge of Assembler
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.