Job Description: The Remote Sensing Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for an Environmental Monitoring Space Lead. This individual will have experience in Department of Defense (DoD) Space-Based systems and will provide SE&I support to the Environmental Monitoring (EM) Enterprise programs in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Candidate will lead enterprise integration activities for SMC/RS space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements to identify and manage risks, issues, and interdependencies, identifying disconnects between integration products (schedules, risks, contracts, etc) for the OPIR Space segment. The candidate will develop action plans for resolution and assist the Government in executing selected solutions. Candidate should have experience with ground and space system acquisition, and general systems engineering.
- Leading the effective integration across space and ground, hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations across the EM Enterprise programs.
- Leading the SE&I EM Space team to ensure effective and efficient execution of integration tasks.
- Interacting with the prime contractor and government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent and valid across the SMC/RS Enterprise.
- Supporting the customer in defining, capturing, and maintaining the technical, schedule, and cost risk data throughout the system lifecycle as well as developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
- Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving systems engineering processes as required to enable effective SMC/RS systems engineering and integration efforts.
- Integrating activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including pre-contractual, development and production, as well as operations and sustainment.
- Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. BS in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Math, Physics, or similar.
- Strong, proactive leader who takes the initiative to identify, own and solve customer problems.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- 14+ years of strong demonstrated system engineering experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of a DoD program with proven delivery record.
- Experience with Environmental Monitoring of DoD space systems and ground and space system acquisition.
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment.
- Ability to provide a wide variety of technical analyses, program management insight and thought leadership to a government customer.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Advanced degree in Math, Science or Engineering.
- Experience supporting Air Force acquisition efforts.
- Active TS/SCI required (Candidates without active clearance will not be considered)