Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and the second largest consolidated owner of ethanol production facilities in the world. Green Plains, through our wholly owned subsidiary Fleischmann’s Vinegar Company, also provides specialized ingredient solutions for leading food and feed manufacturers.
This position outlines and implements programs concerning environmental regulatory compliance, employee EHSS procedures and accident protection and prevention. Responsibilities also include training on educational materials, inspecting company facilities, and recommending corrections or additional precautions to ensure compliance to established regulations. A strong environmental background is required, and Title V experience is a plus. This position works under immediate supervision of the Senior EHSS Manager and works closely with the Plant Manager at the location.
- Manage Environmental Regulatory Compliance of a Title V facility
- Manage facility air permits, SWPP, SPCC, FRP, TRI, Tier II, HazWaste, FCC, FDA, FAA, HazMat, and other Regulatory Compliance records and reports
- Conduct Environment, Health, Safety, and Security (EHSS) training in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Promote EHSS awareness at the plant and monitor for EHSS compliance
- Elect and provide leadership for the EHSS committee
- Communicate with the EHSS committee and follow through with their suggestions and concerns
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures to go above and beyond those required by local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to EHSS. Support GPRE programs as defined
- Conduct investigations for all EHSS related incidents and near misses
- Implement containment and corrective actions for all incidents in a timely manner
- Maintain up-to-date records at all times to comply with inspections by state and federal agencies using GPRE file structure
- Keep all regulatory related records and reports on file for the required amount of time
- Maintain inventory on all EHSS supplies and PPE
- Assist production/maintenance team with, but not limited to; housekeeping, testing
- Willingness to learn the process of the plant and work in a team atmosphere
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations dealing with EPA Title V regulations, NPDES, process safety management, OSHA general industry and construction standards, air and water quality, hazardous waste, emergency response and mitigation, water use and discharge, storm water, leak detection and repair, spill prevention controls and countermeasures, risk management and facility response plan
- Detail-oriented; proficiency for accuracy; dependable; positive attitude; team player
- Knowledge of root cause analysis techniques
- Strong MS Office experience and proficiency with developing and using spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects
- Ability to lead by example
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational skills as they pertain to record keeping and reporting
- Ability to traverse rough ground, climb or descend stairs and ladders while carrying equipment (weighing up to 25 lbs) and to work at heights or in enclosed spaces
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- Bachelordegree in science, engineering, or related field required
- 5 years experience in Environmental Management or advancement through EHSS Assistant position required
- Some travel is required, approx. 10-15%
Requisition Number 18-0016