Provide Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) support to a key National Security Space (NSS) organization for Expendable Launch Vehicles (ELVs) and payloads. The EHS Program Specialist supports Infrastructure Support Service Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Program by developing strategies and directing the integration of EHS programs to support multiple sites and business unit programs.
General tasks include:
Develops protocols and leads reviews of internal processes and practices.
- Leads site-level teams in the development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Reviews and approves complex regulatory reports, permit applications, proposals and contracts and EHS risk analyses.
- Oversees processes for program reviews, incidents investigations and corrective actions.
- Provides oversight to vendors, contractors and suppliers.
- Leads independent reviews of EHS programs to identify improvement opportunities.
- Maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners.
- Knowledge and experience in Green initiatives and LEED certification processes.
5+ years of experience with Expendable Launch Vehicle and/or payload system and range safety.
10+ years of experience with aerospace hardware and software systems. Familiarity with EHS, OSHA regulations as well as Air Force organizational structure and safety programs.
Experience with briefing and writing authoritative technical documents, including reports and position papers-Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook -Knowledge of NSS organizational structure. Must be able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities, procedures, and information technology tools. Additionally, must interact well in cross-functional team meetings and professional environments. Must be able to perform analysis and assessment and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Travel: Yes, ~10 % of the time
Bachelordegreerequired- engineering discipline preferred.
LEED, CSP, PMP Certification desired.