Are you a Software Engineer that is always looking for a challenge? Well, our next challenge is for you to join our Embedded Software team here at Fortinet. We are consistently leading the market in revenue and new product development. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on the latest research and technology for our next generation high performance distributed security systems. You will gain in-depth knowledge and experience working alongside some of the best and brightest software engineers in the industry. If this sounds exciting, we encourage you to apply now!
- This person will participate in the development and maintenance of the existing and next generation product suite
The candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance or core platform modules of the appliances
- The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle for the applicable projects, including gathering requirements, design, implementation and deployment
- This position requires software development skills focusing on embedded systems, system administration, scalability and performance
- Ownership of significant areas of the code for both new feature/functionality development as well as to maintain/redesign of the existing areas of the products
- Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, availability & scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product.
- 2+ Years programming skills in C in Linux environments
- Familiar with network protocols (TCP/IP, ARP, OSPF, BGP)
- Basic knowledge of internal logic of network appliances (switch and routers)
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Good knowledge of Linux system device drivers and kernel networking stack is a plus
- Good knowledge of networksecurity is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to manage own time effectively
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- M.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering