Commercial Telematics Director - P&C
- Leads and implements commercial telematics national product strategy
- Responsible and accountable for telematics performance management and benchmarking
- Synchronizes all related functional areas related to underwriting, training, loss control, claims, sales, and product
- Leads and enables consistent customer execution and maximization of our value proposition for telematics
- Investigates and assists in sponsoring new technology to enhance our position
- Participates in enterprise thought leadership forums for telematics
Skills Desired of Candidates:
- Strategic Product Development Expertise
- Decision Thought Leadership
- Execution Command
- Project Management
- Strong Communication and Command
- Ability to Influence and Lead
Develops and drives an integrated product strategy (including pricing and design features) across all product lines (or assigned product). Responsible for profitability and growth of products and/or states assigned. Directs the development, implementation and maintenance of features/capabilities of products in the assigned region or for an assigned product. Directs projects for new business or new implementation. Develops partnerships with related functional areas. Oversees response to regulatory and compliance mandates.
Officer/Executive; Direct reports as assigned.
- Assists in development of strategy of product design, reserving, pricing, catastrophe management, and associated processes to ensure the product's growth and profitability.
- Provides leadership and executes vision to all functional areas of the company related to product design and management. Makes recommendations to senior management based on acquired regional, national and functional knowledge and opportunities for improvement.
- Directs and supports key initiatives on product strategy and profitability. Directs the development of strategies related to multiple product profitability objectives.
- Plans and develops strategies in order to achieve regional objectives. Functions as an expert on internal and external factors that influence the product line's results. Partners with underwriting to develop standards and guidelines.
- Directs the development and implementation of new product training.
- Leads completion of countrywide market analysis. Determines where we have opportunities and develops product strategy to successfully penetrate those opportunities. Directs new business development and implementation within regions or across all regions. Designs financial objectives and strategies on communicating financial results.
- Oversees the exploration, sponsoring, and evaluation process of new product performance tools and technology enhancements. Accountable for the quality and effectiveness of rate change and system enhancement implementations for multiple states. Drives process change improvements.
- Oversees the rate review process for multiple states/regions to ensure successful and timely implementation. Synchronizes corporate strategy, resources, and segmentation initiatives to drive rate review and rate change process. Directs action plans to improve and/or maintain product performance. Accountable for product consultations, decisions, and performance for assigned states/regions.
- Assures effective communication regarding product strategy and direction the staff product, regions, and other appropriate functional areas of the organization. Initiates monthly communications on product profitability and growth results.
- Works with regional teams and acts as a product development mentor. Develops high potential associates across functions.
- Directs associate management including: performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow and organizational planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
Experience: Eight years experience in personal lines/commercial lines insurance, financial services, marketing, or communications including four years previous product management, and associate management experience. Multiline product experience preferred.
Education: Undergraduate studies such insurance, actuarial science, mathematics, risk management, economics, finance, accounting, business administration or related field. MBA preferred. Insurance licenses or designations such as CPCU, ACAS, FCAS, ARM, CLU, FLMI, ChFC, CFP, NASD etc preferred.
Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of analytical tools, expert level knowledge of core business functions, underwriting policies and best practices, performance measurement techniques, and systems required. In-depth knowledge of related pricing, marketing, insurance models/contracts, and financial analysis necessary.
Skills/ Competencies: Excellent verbal and written communications necessary to effectively influence, train others, present information, communicate with management, agents, and policy holders. Must be skilled in the use of related systems and analytical tools. Ability to envision and drive for results, deal with ambiguity, solve problems, and learn on the fly. Demonstrated decision making skills, identify trends/patterns within regions necessary. Excellent project management skills necessary. Managerial courage and command skills are essential.