Position Overview Objective Outcomes:
- Assist in qualifying sales leads from a technical standpoint.
- Be the main technical resource on sales calls with customers and/or partners.
- Be the lead technical contact for Major Accounts for pre-sales solutions, design architecture and technical issues.
- Provide assistance to identified customers and partners with product and solution training.
- Training and educating partner SE's and building partner relationships.
- Answer / educate the customer on issues ranging from features, specifications, functionality and integration.
- Conduct power point technical presentations on site, or via WebEx to customers, partners and at conferences and events.
- Conduct evaluations and PoCs.
- Conversant with networking and security applications and solutions.
- Work closely with the technical support team and engineering to answer, escalate, and resolve customer technical issues.
- Able to effectively respond to the technical portions of RFP's.
- Ability to travel.
Job Experience Required:
- 3 - 5 years experience in technical/pre-sales support as a presales or security expert.
- 5 - 7 years experience in LAN/WAN/Internet services administration, NetworkSecurity.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Firewall concepts.
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN (IPSEC and SSL), LAN, WAN, Firewall, NGFW, UTM, Intrusion Prevention, Anti Virus, Anti Malware, Web Filtering, Application Control, Data Leak Prevention
- Additional desirable knowledge of the following technologies: Wireless (802.11), Active Directory, BYOD, Load Balancing, Web Application Firewalling, VoIP, DDoS, Botnet, SSL Decryption, SDN, VM, Cloud and Datacenters
- Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1/256, AES, BGP, OSPF, STP/MSTP, HTTP, JSON, API
- Experience with encryption and authentication technologiesrequired.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Self motivated team player.
- Experience with answering RFP's/RFI's .
- Sales acumen is a must.
- Time management.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in computing.