Business Development Manager/ Sr. Manager
Lineage Logistics is currently seeking a Business Development Manager/Sr. Manager to join the team.
The Business Development, Manager / Sr. Manager will be responsible for all selling and account management activities within the assigned customer base in the Midwest area. Candidates must have a proven track record developing business relationships with mid-level logistics managers to senior executives.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager/Sr. Manager
- Develops and implements strategic sales & account level plans to achieve portfolio and customer profitability targets and cross functional & corporate goals
- Meets regularly with key customer stakeholders, maintaining & expanding relationships, negotiating and closing opportunities
- Prospects new opportunities for assigned facilities and/or markets leveraging mail campaigns and cold calling techniques
- Collaborates within the sales function prioritizing opportunities based on market capacity demands and profile needs
- Collaborates cross-functionally with other Lineage departments including operations, legal, network optimization and revenue management
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, sales funnel, and areas of expansion within the assigned portfolio
- Responsible for new customer acquisition and business development within the assigned portfolio
Required Qualifications of the Business Development Manager/Sr. Manager
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in Business, Supply Chain or Marketing related undergrad degree
- A minimum of seven years of advancing sales & business development experience
- Success in selling complex value-based supply chain solutions using Miller Heiman Strategic Selling and Large Account Management Process (LAMP)
- Proficient in CRM(Salesforce.com), PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective presentation and negotiating skills
- Proven financial business acumen and mature judgment
- Ability to travel 25-40% and be based in proximity to a major airport
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery
- Noise level varies and at times it can be loud.